Metals - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is your Gold sourced from?
9ct Yellow Gold Rings - are 37.5% Gold and the remaining 62.5% is Silver, Copper and Tin.
18ct White Gold Rings - are 75% Gold and the remaining 25% is a mix of Silver, Nickel and Copper.
18ct Yellow Gold Rings - are 75% Gold and the remaining 25% is Silver and Copper.
Yellow Gold, Platinum and Palladium wedding rings only need to be re-polished to bring them up to 'showroom' standard.
Q: What is the content of your Platinum rings?
Q: What is the content of your Palladium rings?
|We supply two types,
Palladium 950, made up as per the table below:
and Palladium 500, which is made up as follows:
Q: Where are the Diamonds you use sourced from?
Q: Are all of your Titanium rings made from the same grade?
|Titanium TA2||bal||0.10||0.30||0.03||0.25||0.015 sheet, 0.0125 bar & 0.010 billet|
However, if the weight of the ENTIRE ring is more than 1 gram and is described as Titanium and YELLOW METAL, then it DOES NOT need to be hallmarked.
The hallmark MUST go on the precious metal.
Argentium Sterling silver is a modern sterling silver alloy which modifies the traditional alloy (92.5% silver + 7.5% copper), by replacing some of the copper with the metalloid germanium. As it contains at least 92.5% silver content of the traditional alloy, these silver rings and jewellery are still referred to as sterling silver.
Argentium silver 960 is a high purity jewellery alloy that meets the hallmarking requirements for the U.K. standard.
Q: Which Assay Offices do you use?
appointed symbol (e.g. gold is a rectangle, Platinum is a house-like shape)?
If a mixed metal ring weighs more than 7.78 grams and contains Silver, no matter that the Silver weighs less than 7.78 grams the ring will require a FULL hallmark and must also be marked + metal on the Silver. If the ring has another mark inside, for example, Titanium, then the + metal mark won't be required as the Titanium mark will suffice.
The same principle applies to the other precious metals and their minimum weights - 0.5 grams for platinum and 1 gram for palladium.
However, if a customer does not want to hallmark the ring, as long as the two metals are distinguishable and the description is either, White, Yellow or Rose metal against the precious metal element, no hallmark is required.